© Reuters. Ukrainian nationwide flag is seen via the window of an condo destroyed throughout Russia’s invasion of Ukraine within the city of Borodianka, in Kyiv area, Ukraine Might 13, 2022. REUTERS/Vladyslav Musiienko
(Reuters) – Ukraine will struggle to recuperate all its territory occupied by Russian forces, President Zelenskiy stated, as his troops battled street-to-street within the japanese metropolis of Sievierodonetsk in one of many bloodiest land battles of the warfare.
* Ukrainian forces are discovering it arduous to stave off Russian assaults within the centre of Sievierodonetsk, however Moscow’s forces don’t management town, the governor of Luhansk area stated.
* One other Sievierodonetsk official, Roman Vlasenko, stated Ukrainian forces have been in command of the economic zone and the Azot chemical plant. Reuters couldn’t independently confirm battle experiences in Sievierodonetsk.
* Russia has handed over the our bodies of 210 Ukrainian fighters, most of whom who died defending town of Mariupol from Russian forces at an enormous metal works, the Ukrainian army stated.
* Russian shelling destroyed the warehouses of considered one of Ukraine’s largest agricultural commodity terminals within the Black Sea port of Mykolaiv final weekend, the pinnacle of the area stated. His account couldn’t be independently verified.
* Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu stated the Ukrainian ports of Mariupol and Berdyansk, seized by Russian forces, had been de-mined and have been able to resume grain shipments.
* Ukraine might export a most of solely 2 million tonnes of grains a month if Russia refuses to raise its blockade of the nation’s Black Sea ports, Ukraine’s first deputy minister for Agrarian Coverage and Meals stated.
* The Russian and Turkish defence ministers mentioned a possible grain exports hall from Ukraine and northern Syria, Turkey’s defence ministry stated. Ukraine’s embassy in Ankara stated Ukraine was exerting “most effort” to raise blockades on its ports, however added there was no settlement but between Ukraine, Russia and Turkey.
* The World Financial institution board accepted $1.49 billion in further financing for Ukraine. It was a part of a $4 billion pledge and pays authorities and social staff’ wages.
* Russia imposed sanctions on 61 U.S. officers together with the Treasury Secretary and the Vitality Secretary in retaliation for “consistently increasing U.S. sanctions”, the international ministry stated.
* Radiation detectors within the Exclusion Zone round Ukraine’s defunct Chornobyl nuclear energy plant are again on-line for the primary time since Russia seized the realm on Feb. 24, and radiation ranges are regular, the U.N. nuclear watchdog stated.