Components 1 is in Montreal this weekend for the Canadian Grand Prix, the ninth race of this 22 grand prix season.
Purple Bull have taken a transparent lead over Ferrari within the championship battle. Charles Leclerc began on pole on the Azerbaijan Grand Prix final weekend however an engine failure brought on the Ferrari driver to retire from the race.
Max Verstappen capitalised to assert victory and now boasts a 21-point lead over teammate Sergio Perez within the drivers’ standings, with Leclerc an additional 13 factors again.
Lewis Hamilton was left with extreme again ache as a result of porpoising concern together with his Mercedes automobile, however the seven-time world champion confirmed he’s match to race this weekend.
He’s nonetheless taking part in catch-up to teammate George Russell, although, who claimed third in Azerbaijan and sits a powerful fourth within the standings regardless of Mercedes’ struggles this season. Right here is all the pieces you have to know:
What’s the race schedule?
(All instances BST)
Saturday 18 June
- Free Apply 3: 6pm
- Qualifying: 9pm
Sunday 19 June
How can I watch it on-line and on TV?
Your complete race schedule will likely be broadcast dwell on Sky Sports activities F1 whereas highlights of Sunday’s race will likely be obtainable on Channel 4.
Should you’re not a Sky buyer you’ll be able to seize a NOWTV Day Move right here to look at and not using a subscription.
We might earn fee from a number of the hyperlinks on this article, however we by no means enable this to affect our content material. This income helps to fund journalism throughout The Impartial.
Max Verstappen has prolonged his lead on the prime of the drivers’ championship, and proper now his closest rival is his teammate Sergio Perez. That may change, you believe you studied, if Ferrari can get on prime of their reliability points as a result of clearly Charles Leclerc has the tempo in qualifying, however with only some days till the Canadian Grand Prix will get underneath method, Ferrari don’t have a lot time to get their automobile proper.
1. Max Verstappen, Netherlands, Purple Bull Racing, 150 factors.
2. Sergio Perez, Mexico, Purple Bull Racing, 129.
3. Charles Leclerc, Monaco, Ferrari, 116.
4. George Russell, Nice Britain, Mercedes, 99.
5. Carlos Sainz Jr, Spain, Ferrari, 83.
6. Lewis Hamilton, Nice Britain, Mercedes, 62.
7. Lando Norris, Nice Britain, McLaren, 50.
8. Valtteri Bottas, Finland, Alfa Romeo Racing, 40.
9. Esteban Ocon, France, Alpine, 31.
10. Pierre Gasly, France, Alphatauri, 16.
11. Fernando Alonso, Spain, Alpine, 16.
12. Kevin Magnussen, Denmark, Haas F1 Staff, 15.
13. Daniel Ricciardo, Australia, McLaren, 15.
14. Sebastian Vettel, Germany, Aston Martin, 13.
15. Yuki Tsunoda, Japan, Alphatauri, 11.
16. Alexander Albon, Thailand, Williams, 3.
17. Lance Stroll, Canada, Aston Martin, 2.
18. Guanyu Zhou, China, Alfa Romeo Racing, 1.
Purple Bull have prolonged their lead over Ferrari with an ideal weekend in Azerbaijan, as Verstappen and Perez collected a one-two and Ferrari recorded a double retirement. The hole between the 2 groups is now 80 factors, and Purple Bull are placing themselves in a wonderful place to lastly win the producers’ prize after a lot Mercedes domination.
1. Purple Bull Racing, 279.
2. Ferrari, 199.
3. Mercedes, 161.
4. McLaren, 65.
5. Alpine, 47.
6. Alfa Romeo Racing, 41.
7. Alphatauri, 27.
8. Haas F1 Staff, 15.
9. Aston Martin, 15.
10. Williams, 3.