Westminster has this week discovered itself embroiled in scandal as soon as once more following a torrent of misogyny and sexual harrasment allegations.
- SEE MORE Does the US imagine Ukraine can beat Russia?
- SEE MORE Pest-minister 2.0: Westminster rocked by new wave of allegations
- SEE MORE The pluses and minuses of Elon Musk’s Twitter buyout
The deluge started with an explosive story within the Mail on Sunday, through which a Tory MP accused Labour’s deputy chief Angela Rayner of using “Primary Intuition”-style techniques to attempt to throw Boris Johnson off his sport throughout Prime Minister’s Questions.
Tory MPs then confronted extra torturous headlines when it was revealed that one among their colleagues was accused of watching porn on his telephone whereas sitting within the Commons.
One other Conservative MP resigned after being convicted of kid sexual assault, whereas studies emerged that some some 56 MPs are dealing with sexual misconduct complaints, together with three cupboard ministers and two members of the shadow cupboard.
To learn how intently you’ve been taking note of the most recent developments within the information and different world occasions, put your information to the take a look at with our Quiz of The Week.
Want a reminder of a number of the different headlines over the previous seven days?
- Keir Starmer was accused of breaking lockdown restrictions, regardless of police saying they haven’t any plans to take motion in opposition to the Labour chief.
- The UK’s most senior GP warned that ladies are risking their well being amid a nationwide scarcity of hormone alternative remedy merchandise.
- An adviser to Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy revealed how he refused to be evacuated from Kyiv whereas Russian hit squads have been making an attempt to storm the capital.
- Sri Lanka confronted being “pushed in direction of anarchy” because it finds itself within the grip of a crippling financial disaster.
- A army courtroom sentenced former Myanmar chief Aung San Suu Kyi to an extra 5 years in jail for alleged corruption, on high of a separate six-year sentence.
- And Australia’s overseas minister criticised a “secret” safety deal between China and the Solomon Islands.